In this two day workshop we start with the basic drawing skills with a view finder and simple objects. Even if you have done my class before, it will be a great warm-up. At the end of the day, you can make a decent drawing. On the second day there will be a still life with fruit or vegetables on a cloth which we will be drawing in colored pencils.
There’s a lot to like about drawing with colored pencils. They’re utterly convenient—a handful of colored pencils and a pad of paper are all you really need to start creating. Prep time and cleanup are practically non-issues, the materials are light and portable, and you don’t need messy or toxic solvents. At the same time, colored pencil drawing lends itself for highly refined and exquisite works of art that rival those created with any other medium. Supplies will be provided.
When you are interested in taking this course, go to www.jacobinatrump.com and watch the videos.
- Set of colored drawing pencils. It could be a 24 piece set of water soluble from Derwent, Prisma color or Faber-Castell, just to mention a few popular brands.
- Thick smooth paper like Bristol 14 x 11 inches, or regular drawing paper.
- A range of soft pencils, HB, 2B and 6B or a set of Blackwing pencils plus a sharpener.
Boca Grande Art Center
236 Banyan St.
Boca Grande, FL 33921
- Thursday, March 9, 2023, 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Friday, March 10, 2023, 9:30am - 3:30pm
Registration is closed.