For people who are traveling a lot, having a sketchbook handy all times is a must. Famous artists all had small travel sketchbooks to keep there idea’s alive. There are certain techniques that you can practice in airports, waiting rooms or hotels without having to drag your whole studio with you. First, of course, you need to be familiar with pencils, than to get more permanent marks it is nice to develop a skill with pen and ink. Black watercolor is nice to add to pen and ink, but also a limited palette color pencils. Don’t bring too much because you need to be able to grab it fast, leave it alone whenever you have to leave, and pick it up somewhere else where you go next.
- Set of colored water soluble drawing pencils.
- A beautiful sketchbook, moleskin, leather bound or hardcover drawing book
- A range of soft pencils, HB, 2B and 6B or a set of Blackwing pencils plus a sharpener.
- Microns, a range of 0.05 or 0.3 is good for starters.
- Small but high quality water color brush.
- Black water color pan
- Small sponge.
When you are interested in taking this course, go to www.jacobinatrump.com and watch the videos.
Boca Grande Art Center
236 Banyan St.
Boca Grande, FL 33921
- Monday, April 3, 2023, 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Tuesday, April 4, 2023, 9:30am - 3:30pm
Registration is closed.